Saturday, January 5, 2013

Boyce Avenue - On My Way


Happy 2013 to all of you my Musiggerists! Hope your Xmas holidays were good!

To welcome this new year I am going to review the last single of an American band I recently discovered and, to be true, I kinda like. They are Boyce Avenue.

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't know about them. They are not huge stars on the scene. Boyce Avenue are nothing but three brothers: Alejandro, Daniel and Fabian Manzano coming straight from California, but with clear latin roots. So Hansons' or Jonas Brothers' fan should get in love with them. They basically started their career by posting videos on YouTube of famous covers. Shadow of the day by Linkin Park is still their most viewed video on YT with about 18milions views. Not bad at all for those three mostly unknown guys. Check it out, it's worth it.

Boyce Avenue released on December their last effort called On My Way. I think it is a very nice ballad which kinda reminds me of a typical Nickelback track. Now that I am thinking of it, Alejandro Manzano's voice is pretty similar to Chad Kroeger's one. Hilarious.

The track develops through five verses with no repeated chorus except for the On My Way part which closes each verse and starts the next one. Melodically speaking this ballad contains everything it takes to sound good: a piano intro, guitars notes leading to the heart of the song decorated with nice strings and delicate percussions. Nice job Manzano bros.

I like this track because it gives me hope somehow, and it's definetely what we need now to face this new year coming. Happy 2013. Enjoy On My Way.